Over the holidays, I tried a new salad recipe that has turned out to be my absolute favorite salad recipe of all times. With a wonderful rosemary and parsley dressing, fresh pears, and a few blue cheese crumbles, it's wonderful as a starter salad for a nice dinner with company, or great as a dinner salad.
The pears and the spinach together are just sweet and wonderful.
Amazing Spinach & Pear Salad
1 large bag of spinach salad greens
3 medium pears, ripe
2 TBS rosemary, finely chopped
2 TBS parsley, finely chopped
4 TBS olive oil
4 TBS red wine vinegar
4 TBS rice vinegar
1/4 cup bllue cheese crumbles
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash your spinach and shake gently in collander to remove water.
- Slice pears very thinly, leaving the skin on. If you like smaller bites, cut to the size you like.
- In a blender, small food processor, or a cup with a tight lid add the rosemary, parsley, oil, vinegars, salt and pepper. Blend until thoroughly mixed, or shake until thorougly mixed.
- Toss the pears into the spinach greens.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss using your tongs.